Who do we fund?
Baltcf supports nature conservation and environmental protection projects in countries bordering with the Baltic Sea that fulfill at least one of the following objectives:
- improve the ecological stability and/or the regenerative capacity of the marine environment;
- contribute to the reduction and/or degradation of pollutants or depositions leading to eutrophication;
- help to secure and/or improve habitats for rare and/or protected species and support biodiversity;
- help to secure, expand, or develop marine protected areas;
- help to secure, expand, or develop terrestrial protected areas in the Baltic Sea’s immediate catchment area;
- help to compensate negative effects on the Baltic Sea’s natural environment;
- in keeping with nature conservation requirements, support the maintenance and development of habitats in the Baltic Sea and/or its immediate catchment areas.
For further information on our funding priorities, objectives and formalities please read our Funding Guidelines: