Peter Torkler works as the managing director of baltcf since January 2015. He graduated as a Diplom Geographer and joined the foundation after more than a decade of professional experience in the field of European policies. During the past years he worked with WWF Germany on financing Europe’s protected area network Natura 2000, through the integration of EU public funds for biodiversity and co-operation with the European Commission and relevant European authorities.
Telephone: +49 3834 25 44 718
Eva Loy left the foundation in August 2018. A replacement has been recruited recently and will start in December 2018. Ms. Loy grew strong ties to the Baltic Sea Region during her time with the foundation and before. After completing University, she began her professional career at the Nature and Biodiversity Conservation Union (NABU). Prior to supporting the Baltic Sea Conservation Foundation, she worked in the management department of an organic food company in Berlin. Ms. Loy also engages in a lot of freelance and volunteer work in the fields of east-west youth exchange and sustainable education.
Telephone: +49 3834 25 44 719
Office hours: Tuesday–Thursday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Board of Directors
WWF, Director Innovation, Sciences,Technologies & Solutions
The members of the Board of Directors have been appointed by the Board of Trustees as follows:
- one member to be recommended by WWF Deutschland
- one member to be recommended by Bund für Umwelt und Naturschutz (Friends of the Earth) Deutschland, state section Landesverband Mecklenburg-Vorpommern e.V.
- one member to be recommended by Nord Stream AG
Board of Trustees
Dr. Dirk von Ameln, President
(Senior Advisor to CEO at Nord Stream 2 AG)
Prof. Dr. Mathias Grünwald, Vicepresident
(Regional Chairman at Bund für Umwelt und Naturschutz (Friends of the Earth) Mecklenburg-Vorpommern e.V.)
Stefan Schwill, Member
(Regional Chairman at NABU (Nature And Biodiversity Conservation Union) Mecklenburg-Vorpommern e.V.)
Christoph Heinrich, Member
(Executive Board at WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) Germany)
Christian Pegel, Member
(Minister at the Ministry of Energy, Infrastructure and Digitalization of the State of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern)
The members of the Board of Trustees have been appointed by the following organisations:
- one member appointed by Naturschutzbund Deutschland (Nature and Biodiversity Conservation Union), state section Landesverband M-V e. V.
- one member appointed by WWF Deutschland
- one member appointed by BUND (Friends of the Earth), state section Landesverband M-V e. V.
- one member appointed by Nord Stream AG
- one member appointed by the State Chancellery of the state of Mecklenburg-West Pomerania
Project Advisory Committee (PAC)
The Project Advisory Committee (PAC) is a body of experts, whose members have various backgrounds in science and who are based in different Baltic Sea countries.