Who We Fund
Baltcf operates in all countries of the Baltic Sea catchment area. We provide financial support to projects from environmental organisations, public bodies and other institutions that promote the conservation of the Baltic Sea and its habitats. We particularly support cooperation between NGOs and authorities and fund international projects in the states bordering the Baltic Sea that go beyond legal obligations of the respective applicant.
We aim at generating measurable results that achieve sustainable and long-term viable outcomes with the allocated funds. We support projects that implement concrete conservation actions and clearly contribute towards our organisation’s objectives and that are based on both scientific and technical competence.
Baltcf funds nature conservation and environmental protection projects in countries bordering the Baltic Sea that adhere to one or more of the following objectives:
- improve the ecological stability and/or the regenerative capacity of the marine environment;
- contribute to the reduction and/or degradation of pollutants or depositions leading to eutrophication;
- help to secure and/or improve habitats for rare and/or protected species and support biodiversity;
- help to secure, expand, or develop marine protected areas;
- help to secure, expand, or develop terrestrial protected areas in the Baltic Sea’s immediate catchment area;
- help to compensate negative effects on the Baltic Sea’s natural environment;
- in keeping with nature conservation requirements, support the maintenance and development of habitats in the Baltic Sea and/or its immediate catchment areas.
For further information on our funding priorities, objectives and formalities please read our Funding Guidelines: